- Kepler Status
- target user definition, no taxon specific topics at next meeting. will discuss API for Kepler to make integration easier. Look at future Kepler (non-SEEK) proposals. Bridge different ITRs. Target audience for Kepler will probably expand dramatically. Laura thinks Kepler user is domain scientist combined with a programmer.
- Kepler Actor
- ENM workflow. Given a name, authority, return set of all names at specific rank below that. That list is then used to expand Digir query. Currently stubbed in - hardcodes and canned response, no TOS interaction. Just need to add 2 soap calls, then ready for ENM. Probably should have some interaction in 2 places: 1)allow to choose which concept to be root before traversing down to rank; 2) allow user to decide how to handle overlaps - selectively remove?.
- Similarities between Taxon and SMS. Same thing, but basically all done with database in Taxon. May Meeting - Taxon hash out decisions on our interactivity needs, then present to larger group
- Check with Deana about use case for Biodiversity
- ConceptMapper Demo, React (10-12)
- import from either TCS or 3 tab delimited/csv files with specific fields.
- 11:30 SPNHC planning, ESA planning
Planning for ISEI, Dec, Santa Barbara
All hands Dec 10-15 SEEK
- Update on projects
- 1-3.30 Taxon Tool Evaluation, Split into two rooms
See Laura's report in cvs at:
Ecologists much more positive. Collection managers might benefit more from small plugin to Specify instead. Both groups really wanted some geographic functions integrated.
- 3.30-4.30 Summary of Taxon Visualization Evaluation
- January 23 of Martin's viz tool
- What gets a guid? Specimens - should go on biological object, not multiple treatments, preparations, etc. Possibly versions for different collection objects connected to same biological object.
- EML Revisions
- Robís stub actor
- Review of Project Integration
- See Jessie's powerpoint
- After stable, Taxon group play with Taxon actor. Non-interactive version.
- Remaining Issues
- ESA (August 7-11) - will probably do something for booth
- Wed, 22 Feb 2006 (16:00 GMT) Taxon call - paper topics
- 15 march 2006 (16:00 GMT) Taxon call
- 18 April 2006 (16:00 GMT) Taxon call
- SEEK May meeting - 30 April - 5 May
- Data - will put MSW 1993 and 2005 into TOS, and ConceptMapper, then someone (Nico?) will map between them.